Vislink newsnet® is an award-winning technical ecosystem designed to take your studio to the scene. Newsnet establishes a secure, reliable, high-speed, bi-directional IP network that can significantly enhance electronic news gathering (ENG) transmission and workflow.
Newsnet has the flexibility to support traditional content newsgathering activities while also delivering completely new workflow capability in the field using IP network architecture. Newsnet fully leverages reliable BAS spectrum that can be used without being subjected to contention, congestion or blocking.
For broadcasters, newsnet optimizes workflow efficiencies through lower OPEX costs, as well as lower cellular connectivity costs resulting from a reduced need for bonded cellular transmission. In addition to its impressive bandwidth management capability, newsnet can also utilize a newsnet base station (or receive site) with multiple simultaneous mobile newsnet assets using the same frequency.
View the newsnet video at this link.
Here’s how newsnet extends the studio network to the field:
- Your studio has multiple cameras: newsnet has multiple feeds per truck and multiple trucks per sector
- You edit finished content in the studio: newsnet provides full access to all studio resources while, in the field and a MAM accessible return path
- You have controls like tally and voice circuits : newsnet provides vendor agnostic IP communications to the truck
- Your creative staff can’t all be microwave experts : newsnet includes apps and intuitive interfaces to guide setup
Ensure the right content gets priority, by using an uncontested, bi-directional IP connection over your existing BAS channel, with feedback from studio automation. Newsnet provides you with the confidence and dependability required for an increasingly competitive news industry. Placing control of field communications firmly back in your hands, newsnet takes your studio to the scene, transforming the effectiveness of ENG operations.
Capability where you want it.
- Bi-directional high-speed IP wireless data link utilizing your BAS spectrum that you can rely on, without fear of contention, congestion or blocking
- Low latency, high bandwidth connections ensuring high quality live video capability
- Huge datarate increases, using MIMO uplink and downlinks, combined with adaptive modulation
- Flexible uplink/downlink rates using automation driven link prioritization
- Support for multiple assets in the same sector contributing at the same time
- Bonded cellular and satellite to complement sector coverage
- Apps to easily set up microwave links
Control:makes the hard work easier.
- Manages the radio network to provide dependable links
- Prioritizes video and data bandwidth based on studio systems feedback
- Dedicated screens for monitoring and control for the gallery
- Intuitive drill-down map based user interface, showing deployed assets and infrastructure, with graphical control and monitoring of the whole system
- Additional security for remote connections built on top of studio network security
Customer Operations tailored to your ENG needs.
- Flexible implementation delivers a system to suit your existing and evolving workflow
- Planned installation and commissioning to minimize disruption and cost
- Dedicated services team who can access the system, diagnose and fix configuration issues and walk through problems
- Proactive issue resolution and preventative maintenance
- Tailored learning solutions for creative staff, news operations and engineers
Download details of the tailored customer services that we offer for the Vislink newsnet ENG network solution at this link:
Newsnet Stage Presentation NAB 2018 FINAL
Presentation showcasing how newsnet is incorporated into live remote production workflows, and how it helps broadcasters maximize coverage while fully leveraging studio assets.