TAB 2018 WRAP-UP: IMT VISLINK DISPLAYS LEADING-EDGE VIDEO SOLUTIONS IN COLLABORATION WITH TIER-ONE PARTNERS
We hope you were able to visit us during the recent TAB 2018 event in Austion, TX. If not, here is a brief recap of the highlights, with some images shown at the end of the post:
- We had a full contingent of our wireless camera systems on display, in collaboration with our leading industry vendor partners. In our booth, we had one of our 6.5GHz HCAM 4K UHD transmitters connected to a BlackMagic Ultra studio camera that was outfitted with a Fujinon UA13x4.5BERD lens. We also had a 2GHz HCAM 4K kit connected to a SONY 4K PXW-Z450 camcorder with a Fujinon UA18x5.5 4K UHD lens, all set up in SONY’s booth.
- Omega Broadcast and Cinema graciously allowed us to present in their booth one of our MicroLite 2 mid-market solution kits with our DirectVu handheld receiver, attached to a SONY FB80 studio camera.
- We demonstrated our IMTDragonFly miniature transmitter, the smallest one available on the market. Ideal for sports venues, reality-based production, and use with drones.
- We had a lot of interest in the fully operational demos we gave of our newsnet® ecosystem in a private suite at the venue. Lowell Beckner, newsnet Product Manager, said “With the entire newsnet system set up in the suite at TAB, we were able to demonstrate how stations could effectively transition from existing DVB-T ENG systems to newsnet® and provide high-speed, bi-directional network capability to their news crews in the field. This allows for video live shots, IFB, file-transfers and teleprompter on bandwidth that they own without the contention of bandwidth experienced in bonded cellular systems.”
- We answered many questions about our spectrum repack/ATSC 3.0-ready IPLink broadcast digital microwave point-to-point radio system. IPLink enables a smooth transition from a traditional ASI transport platform to an IP-centric system architecture.
Many thanks to our partners and staff for helping put it all together.